Monday, August 15, 2005

You want how much for that house?

On Sunday I decided to take some time to drive around and look at houses. Open houses on Sundays seem to be pretty popular. I wrote down a few that I wanted to look at and then drove to find them. As I was driving around, I also stumbled on a bunch of other homes too. It’s not like I didn’t know what to expect with the home prices here. I knew it would be expensive. If we ere to end up in San Diego it would have been even more. At least in Seattle we have a hope of owning property. It will all depend on where Rob ends up working. Traffic can be pretty bad here, so we need to plan accordingly. Barring any murders on the bus, I can easily take the bus into the Downtown for work, so it doesn’t really matter where we live for me. It is important to me to stay within the Seattle city limits though. Afterall, for me, it’one of the major reasons why we decided to move here. City living, taking advantage of all it has to offer. Blah Blah.

I have been able to look through the different neighborhood descriptions through Seattle PI neighborhoods . So we already know about where we want to live and where we can afford to live. So, I specifically went to look at one small house in Beacon Hill . It was at the very top of the price range, but I just wanted to get a feel for what it would look like in the inside. Gosh and look at that, sold already. I bet someone put an offer in right after the open house. Well, that is what we have to look forward to, bidding wars and a fast real estate market. Even though the price was high, you couln’t beat that view out of the back deck. That sold me right away. The nice thing about doing all this open house looking is that it gives me an excuse to check out different neighborhoods and also not spend money for a day. Which has been pretty hard to do. My poor little car can barley make it around the hills. My miles per gallon is falling by the second, which is another way in which I am spending more money then I need to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cute house, but keep in mind, windows that actually open let in a nice breeze. Stationary ones don't let in any fresh air. Guess they really liked aqua or lt. green! :-)