Monday, February 27, 2012
One thing you may not know about Seattle is that it sells more sunglasses than any city in the US. You are probably wondering why? It's such a surprise when it is sunny here so people forget where they placed their sunglasses and instead buy new ones. The point of the story is that someone got new sunglasses today in preparation of the spring/summer to come.
Current Height: 23 inches
Sunday, February 26, 2012
"Me" = "Dining Room"
Check out our latest craigslist score! This buffet is a great final piece to our previous estate sale score and other cl purchases. Always cool to find quirky old local furniture in good shape to give a new home. While making ours. :)
Thursday, February 23, 2012
1. Birthing Class: This was an early recommendation from my Midwife. Take a class that is offered outside of the hospital. For us we took The Bradley Method course and it was the best thing we did to prepare for childbirth and parenting. We had an incredible instructor and when I went into labor we were both confident and calm, maybe too confident since we ended up having her at home!
2. Moby Wrap: The Moby saved my life. We used this from the time Josie was 3 days old. Wrapping her up and wearing her is so convient to go places, have or go out to dinner, take naps on the go, and wearing her has really cut the fuss time. I try to wear her 3-5 hours a day and these days she smiles when I start to put the Moby on. I think it makes her feel close to me but still able to look around or sleep.
3. Arm's Reach Co-sleeper: The co -sleeper has made our lives so much easier at night. It's easy to grab Josie out when she starts to cry and night nurse. I get a great night of sleep and so does Rob. We got a really nice crib on Criagslist and rarely use it.
4. Yoga on Beacon: Or maybe it's just time to yourself. When Josie was 2 weeks old I felt good enough to get back into Yoga and since then I get to go about 5 days a week. This has been by far one of the best things to keep my sanity and also release my back from all those hours of Josie holding. It allows Rob time to bond with Josie without me hoovering over him. I thank him every day for this little treat.
5. BioGaia Infant Probiotic: Josie had a lot of digestive issues early on and still does even at 4 months. After we started giving her these drops we saw a big difference withing 3 days. She is a much happier baby now. This was a great recommendation from our doctor.
Like I said, this list is surprisingly shorter than I would have expected 6 months ago it to be but without these items, don't think we would be as happy as we are right now.
Sunday, February 19, 2012
Friday, February 17, 2012
I dusted off the old photo albums for this post. Some pictures from our wedding almost 9 years ago. Crazy how it feels just like yesterday.
Wednesday, February 15, 2012
Monday, February 13, 2012
Wednesday, February 08, 2012
The following video documents the good time had by all recently in Tahoe National Forest. Please enjoy Will's mad skills, followed and cheered on by Jon, at Alpine Meadows last weekend.
Will, Tim, and I also BEAT OUR OWN RECORD from last year in the Big A Burger Challenge. We were reigning champs when we walked in, and reigning champs when we walked out!