Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Seattle: Food City?

I would move to Seattle for the food alone. Not even in New York, do you have such good fresh food available and to choose from. New York is difficult because, like Paris, if you don’t have the “in” or you don’t know somebody who knows somebody, it’s hard to find out about the good restaurants, shops, markets, etc.

For lunch today, I had some Thai food takeout. I have been bringing my lunch in, but I was in a rush this morning. I stopped and got some Pad Thai. It was great until I bit into something that resembled a rock or shell. But, it was good sans the shell.

We have a team picnic tomorrow and I decided to make Guacamole, it is one of the only foods that I can claim that I make well and I am never ashamed to bring it to a party. I went to Central Market and picked up all the ingredients. In CT I never have avocados that smoosh so easily. The produce here is seriously second to none and fresh-farmed tomato too. So when I was done, it’s the best Guacamole I have ever made. They also have a sushi bar at CM so I picked up some shrimp tempura rolls. I am usually not big on fruits and veggies, but since I have moved here. It is non-stop fruit and wine.

Why is it that the foods that you love so much give you heartburn? I never knew what people meant when they said “heart burn” but in the last year I get it anytime I eat any of my favorite foods and it sucks.

On other notes I will drive to work tomorrow and then to the park where the picnic is. There is something wrong with my tire and it was flat when I got in tonight. It’s a good thing I have these run flat tires that allow me to drive far enough to the local gas station to air them back up again. Wish me luck for tomorrow on I-5. Someone is bringing one of the ice cream balls that you put the ingredients in the ball and then kick it around and the eat the ice cream. I will let you guys know how it works out and post some pictures.

I love reality tv…. I have to toggle between 3 shows tonight.

No comments: