Thursday, August 18, 2005

It’s not bad, if you want to stay in first gear.

I had to drive today. I know, I was hoping it wouldn’t come to this, but I really had no choice. I have training today at another facility and after pushing snooze for the 20th time, I woke up and realized that I didn’t think I would make what turned out to be the last express bus. I missed it, so I had to drive and pay for parking.

The drive really isn’t bad. Everyone says that the traffic is SO bad in Seattle. It could have been too late for rush hour. I left my place at quarter to 9. I ran into some stop and go traffic on I-5, which is what made me stay in 1st gear for a few miles. All told, it took about 11 miles and 15-20 minutes, including the time it takes to get to the parking lot.

Not as bad as Chicago. Chicago always has the worst traffic. Even New York can be better then Chicago sometimes. I still would rather take the bus, but if I have to drive at least it’s not THAT bad. Parking was $9.00, which is still cheaper then New Haven. Can you believe that? I would still rather pay the $3.00 a day to take the bus and encounter the golden opportunities of seeing something I would never be able to see in my car driving alone.

I am in the International District today, down by where the Mariners and Seahawks play. I had 3 people ask me for money on my way from the parking lot to the office. I must have “money bags” written on my forehead. Too bad, I put on a good act. I have the credit card bill to prove it that it’s not true.

No comments: