Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Marathon Wedding

I can’t handle these marathon weddings anymore. It’s not just Saturday (or in this case Friday). It’s Wednesday night, Thursday, and Friday, and in some cases a brunch in the morning that also involves drinking. This weekend was Chris, Rob’s best friend from college, and Bridget’s wedding. Through the years we have become really close with them and this wedding in particular was really important to us. I love getting into town and hanging with Rob’s college friends, they are so much fun. This was the first time that I was able to meet one of Chris’s high school friends that he speaks of, Jan. Rob assured me that I would like him and I really did.

I am pretty sure that I made a fool of myself more times then just one. There were 40s, an open bar at the rehearsal dinner, and an open bar at the reception. Then an interesting trio to the bar and Coney Island after the reception.

The ceremony itself was great. It was a catholic ceremony by a priest who was from Notre Dame. At first it seemed strange to ship in a priest for the wedding, but after we found that he was actually a friend of Bridget’s and has been doing her masses for 4 years or so and also knew Chris really well. It all made sense. The ceremony would not have been the same without him and he is one of the nicest people. The ceremony was fantastic and it was totally a tribute to him. Bridget was a beautiful bride and I loved the way that Chris would look at her during the ceremony and she didn’t know he was watching her and he just had a smile on his face. I know that, because it’s the same way that Rob looked at me. It’s weird, now after being through a wedding ceremony myself, I am so much more emotional at other weddings.

The reception was at the War Memorial in Grosse Pointe and was awesome. It was so beautiful in there. You look out of the windows and it feels like you are sitting on the water. After the reception we went to the bar in Detroit. We drank heavily and it totally capped off the celebration. We had such a good time and I think everyone did. Good job for those two for planning the wedding from so far away while being in a different time zone as well. I will get some pictures up as soon as I get more batteries for my camera.

No comments: