Tuesday, August 09, 2005

How Many People Does it Take to Move a King Size Mattress?

Fly into Seattle at 3am Seattle time, means 6am Eastern Time. No worried though, since I hadn’t been to bed earlier than 4:30am any night during the marathon mentioned earlier. On Sunday I got to walk around a bit to all of the touristy things once I work up. It was awesome. Too many tourists though, but a beautiful day to see the Pike Place Market and the waterfront. After walking all over the place, I was able to find my bus that would bring me to the apartment. All day passes for $2.50 on Saturday and Sunday is a really great deal and a great way to see the city. I got one of those and came up to my apartment. The apartment is nice, I am not crazy about the neighborhood, but it will do for now. I know that when we start looking for a house, we will want some place where we can walk to the shops and stuff. Here, although this is a library across the street, I can’t do that.

The movers came at 9am, in fact they were here before me and 2 hours later they were gone. Nice and fast. The only thing that seems to be broken is 2 of my favorite pasta plates. But, I think I can live.

My landlord knocked on my door after the movers left and asked if she could treat me to a latte and bring me to the grocery store because she knows that I don’t have my car yet. How nice! So I went and loaded up, I think she was surprised when she came to pick me up and the cart was really full. Well, she offered! So at least I have some food to keep me through the next few days. … Now, if only I could get my car here.

1 comment:

Parry Drive said...

I can't believe you didn't tell me about the landlady! That was really nice of her.