Saturday, November 22, 2008

That State Up North

Today was the 105th game between Michigan and Ohio State. I decided to watch the game at Rocksport for the first time all season. I've begun to realize that a lot of Michigan fans when faced with a hard season are mean. I can't stand watching football in a bar packed with people who shout, "you suck!" 'what are you doing?!", "why couldn't you catch that?!" so I've been just watching the games at home this year. Maybe I'm sensitive to it because when I played basketball in High School, a fan once threw trash at me while yelling "you suck!" on the court because they didn't like our team's 4 corner offense. No - Michigan hasn't played well most of the year and yes - it's tough to watch them have the worst season in history. But let's not forget... It's just a game. It's fun! These guys are 18, 19, 20, 21 years old. They are kids, they play football and go to school. Maybe next year will be better. Maybe it won't, but one thing is for sure - These two teams will meet for the 106th game and I'll be watching and cheering on Michigan no matter how bad they are.

In honor of another great football Saturday (Go Cougs!), here are some of my favorite college football team tshirts.

No comments: