Friday, November 14, 2008

Friday Favorites

Wine! In an effort to start to get excited for our Thanksgiving weekend trip down to McMinnville to partake in the holiday open house that they do every year. I thought I would make a list of my favorite wines right now.


Maryhill Winemaker's Blend. This is a GREAT low cost wine that is a blend of CabSav,Merlot and Syrah. We've actaully been to this winery before, it's right on the Columbia River in Washington and has a beautiful setting and summer concerts. It's available at QFC and our local Red Apple, which is a great treat.


Typically we are not fans of Rose wine, but on a nice hot day this is a great way to wind down an evening. Elk Cove does it right. Rob loves all of their wines, but I prefer this Rose. We really couldn't keep it in the house this summer in fear that we'd be drinking it every night.


Lazy River Wine at Carlton Winemakers Studio
This was a really nice surprise wine that Rob's parents brough home for us when they were visiting Willamette Valley. It was a beautiful pinot. It was light and had the best flavor!

Styring Vineyards“Whimsy” Willamette Valley Dry Riesling 2003
Not only is this one of my favorite wineries, with one of my favorite dogs, but they also hosted a great open house last year. It was a great setting. In the meantime Rob and I fell in love with the Dry and sweet Reisling - they will be a must visit on our list this year too.



Ok - Now I am excited! PS. I am leaving on Sunday to meet my sister in Vegas. In the meantime I think Rob will be posting.

No comments: