Sunday, April 16, 2006

Homemade Pasta

I have always wanted to try to make pasta. In Deep River we were spoiled, we had a pasta shop right down the street. It was cheap enough for me to justify running down there when I wanted fresh pasta. Now, I am sure they have it somewhere around here, but I haven't found it yet and besides it's Easter Sunday.

This morning I ran into work and then meant to stop at Pike Place Market for salmon, but of course they were closed on Easter, duh! I got home and did some laundry and really just sat around, starting knitting another handbag, and watched Rob work really hard. He plastered the pass through and hung the microwave.


Anyway, back to my pasta. It was whole wheat spinach pasta. It was really supposed to be ravioli, but I couldn't get it thin enough. Anyway, Rob bought me a pasta attachment for my kitchen aid a while back and this was my first time using it. It worked out ok. I had to take it right from the mixer into boiling water and let it cool for about 4 to 5 minutes and then take it out. We had that with garlic bread, veggies, and shrimp. I don't think it was perfect. Rob liked it... but he will eat anything.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that looks like a nice dinner!!! i love your orange Kitchen Aid - orange is my fave. =)