Tuesday, April 25, 2006

And Sunday was the day of rest

It has taken me till Tuesday to actually write about the weekend since it has taken me just that long to recoup. We actually did some things socially this weekend with some friends. Usually it’s just the two of us, so it’s fun to get out and do things.

On Friday night we met our friends, Dave and Tammy, down at J&M Cafe in Pioneer Square. I have only been there for lunch and I didn’t realize that it turns into a crazy club party scene after 9pm. There ended up being almost 15 of us, I think. We did the deal where you pay one cover charge and it gets you into all the bars down there. These types of bars (with dance floors) are not really our style. I also don’t like places I have to pay a cover or stand in line. I guess I am older than 23 and that is just how it goes. After a lot of drinks we went over to a place called Tiki Bob’s. At around 1am it was time to go. I am pretty sure we crashed as soon as we got home. When I opened the paper in the morning, I saw that there had been a shooting there that night around 3am. Nice.

On Saturday we had some friends over before going to the Mariners game. I have to say it was the first time I bought everything to serve instead of making it from scratch at home. Needless to say, that is a reflection of how we felt on Saturday morning. Even though I dislike professional sports, I do like going to Mariners games. We had awesome seats. 16 rows behind the Tigers dug out. I prefer to get the cheap seats, but we couldn’t pass up seats like that. I also really like that stadium. It’s like being at a gaurmet restaurant. 7 beers on tap, garlic fries, sushi roles, stir fry, and then the staples, peanuts… popcorn… hotdogs. Maybe I like going to the games because I like the garlic fries so much... and anyone who knows me knows that garlic is the best thing to ever happen to me (see pic below). It was a lot of fun until I read the bus schedule wrong and I made us wait over an hour for a bus that never came. Who said that girls could read the bus schedule?

And Sunday was the day of rest.




No comments: