Sunday, May 31, 2009

Coleman Pool in Lincoln Park

I've realized that it's easy to take the scenery in Seattle for granted. I'm always in awe of the mountains and the water when I am quickly moving from A to B. For the last few weeks I have been able to ride my bike, run, and swim in areas that are new to me and it's been amazing to explore.

I've been spending a lot of time in Discovery Park and riding through the streets of Magnolia. I haven't spent a lot of time in Magnolia in the past and I found the streets to be pretty easy to ride through and the park is really one of the best is Seattle so I am happy to continue to work out there even though it's a pain to get there from our house. I'm hoping to complete this ride next weekend from Discovery Park to Seward Park.

On Saturday Rob and I took a 15 mile ride up along Lake Washington Boulevard to the Seattle Arboretum and Japanese Gardens. We rode through Mount Baker, Leschi, Madison Park, Montlake, Capital Hill and Beacon Hill. It was a beautiful ride with lots of hills!

This morning I got up for a 7:30am swim in Coleman Pool. This pool is a real treat! It's the only 50 yd outdoor pool is Seattle and is filled with saltwater. Luckily the group I was swimming with had the pool scheduled for us before it was open to anyone else. This is good, since it's usually packed. The pool is in Lincoln Park in West Seattle and literally right on the beach. Not only was it a great workout, but the scenery was amazing.
I have to start taking a camera to these things!

2 comments:

Ang said...

Um yeah, tie a string around your finger because these places are screaming to have photos taken and shared with me.

Unknown said...

Are you training for the Ironman? You must be in great shape. If that were me, I'd be eating advil like cocktail mix......