Sunday, June 07, 2009

Is it July already?

Like the title says, it sure seems to me like any given day July-September in Seattle right now. Bright sun 15-16 hours per day, weeks without rain, and the thermometer occasionally in the 80s.

We've been doing more outdoor exercise lately.

With both bikes tuned up for the street, getting around on the roads hasn't been better. Thanks to my friends at Bicycles West, Allison's front derailleur is able again to shift into the large outer chainring. Thanks to my friends at Hello Bicycle (who are very conveniently just around the corner from the house, by the way), I finally got myself a comfortable seat (double thanks for also adjusting my brake pads on the spot). And finally, thanks to my friends at Recycled Cycles for the commuter tires for both bikes at a decent price.

Now that Lake Washington Blvd will be closed on Sundays for summer biking, we'll be sure to rack up many miles along the water.


I ran again this year in the Susan Komen Race for the Cure 5K race this morning in downtown Seattle.


Not the most competitive pace I've run, but roughly 27min isn't too bad... Actually it was more like 7.5-8K, since my warm up run started at the house all the way down to Quest Field. A good run for a good cause.

In non-weather news, we also went out for dinner Friday night at Pizzutos with our two friends Sarah and Jeff. This weekend they celebrated 25 years serving great, simple, and very tasty Italian food in Seattle's Seward Park neighborhood. To celebrate, they brought back the original 1984 menu, including prices, for Thursday-Saturday. Spaghetti w/ meatballs? $4.75. Gnocchi? $5.75. 1L Chianti? $6 Veal parm? $7.95. Needless to say, the place was PACKED! Great times and excellent food.


One last thing, following up on a previous post. Boeing's P-8A T-2 (flight test aircraft #2) went airborne Friday for its first flight. This time, instead of watching it lift off the ground, I was at my desk like any other usual work day. Never fear, however: I was tuned in to air traffic control at my desk. As soon as I heard tower clearance granted, I walked over to the north windows in my building to watch it lift off from a distance. This one looked even better because the bird is painted.

No comments: