Wednesday, May 13, 2009

New Dishes Fresh from Italy

One thing we have learned over the years is when you are traveling, buy what you want with no regrets. My regrets are always bigger when I didn't buy the things you wish you had. Often times, it's those little splurges that help you remember the memories that were made on the vacation! Two years ago when we were in Ravello, I wanted new ceramic plates and I told Rob that I always wished that I had bought them. This time I did (with his pushing) and here they are:There are ceramic shops just like this all around the Amalfi Coast, but Mamma Agata buys gets her plates custom made from the same factory we bought ours. Mine are custom made too, but Mamma Agata has a pattern that is made just for her. I chose orange plates that match the kitchen. I also chose the painted elements to have turtles, pigs, and fish.

No comments: