Saturday, February 03, 2007

Another Project Complete

My boss is having a baby girl. She's due at the end of the month. I am super excited to make my first baby project for her. I just finished it today (just a few minor finishing touches left).
Pattern: I'm not sure, it's a mixure of a few different patterns. Mostly a free Lion Brand Pattern that I found online.
Yarn: Trendsetter Blossom Yarns in Majenta. I would have prefered blush, but at the time, this is all the store had. I love this yarn. It's a little pricey, but it's so soft. I have my made myself and my mom scarfs from this. It was great for this project, because it's so forgiving when you make a mistake or have a problem with the seams. I used 3 balls and hoped I would have enough for a pair of booties, but I didn't.
Needles: US 7
Started: Jan 20th, 2007
Completed: Feb 03, 2007
Notes: Originally I planned to use a button, but instead I used a zipper. It's white, but I think it matches ok.
Next up:
Finish Gift for my Mother-In-Law
Finish another Baby Sweater.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Al! I am very impressed with your knitting! The lady eleanor is awesome and the baby sweater is so cute. Thanks for sharing the pics!

Anonymous said...

I just can't believe what you're cranking out with those knitting needles!! Super creative, too, with coming up with alternative design ideas. Next, we're going to need to see a photo or 2 of that baby wearing it someday this coming few months!
Sally

Kate said...

Very pretty sweater! Can I ask where you get your tags?

Anonymous said...

Wow - that is GREAT! I don't remember you mentioning it was finished. I love the white zipper too. =)