Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Weekend Eating

This weekend we really had a food filled weekend. It's so nice, because it might be cold, but at least the sun is out.

On Friday night we went out to dinner with Dave and Tami at Jalisco Restaurant in North Capital Hill. I's never been to that area to Cap Hill and was really impressed with how neighborhoody and cute it was. Mexican food just doesn't sit well with me, but this was good, even though I didn't feel well later. There must be something wrong with me. Plenty for leftovers and great prices.


Saturday morning we got up early and started the day with a trip to the Pike Place Market. The market never gets old and there is always something to do. More Pictures here. The sun was out and it was a beautiful day in Seattle. We picked up lemon pepper pasta and fresh clams for dinner later that night. Stopping for lunch at Three Sisters was a real treat. It's a really well known little eatery in the market that's been there since 1912. The sandwiches are great and shouldn't be missed. Get the pastrami, you won't regret it. We also tried the halibut chowda, which was divine (not too creamy).

On Sunday, Rob and I tried a new breakfast spot down in Seward Park. Bothways Cafe. It was great! I had the pacific northwest omlet. A nice omlet with smoked salmon, spinach, mushrooms, toms, and cream cheese. Yumo!

Great Food and Great Company! What a nice weekend.
Don't forget, it's someone's birthday tomorrow!
PS. I have no idea what happened to my menu on the right hand side. I'm trying to fix it.

No comments: