Saturday, October 01, 2005

It's been a while

It’s been a while. I am sorry about that. A quick list of what I have been up to will hopefully give everyone a snapshot idea.

The Fremont Oktoberfest was awesome. I am so going again next year. There is really nothing like getting drunk by yourself. Not having anything to eat all day and then stumbling to a Thai restaurant to gorge yourself with food. Then, get on the bus to get a facial. Last Sunday was interesting, but a lot of fun. I got to pour beer and they have about 40 different types of microbrews from all over the area.

On Thursday, we had a happy hour after work. We went to The Triple Door , which is my new favorite bar in Seattle. It is so swanky and cool. I can’t wait to see a jazz show there. The happy hour choices were supreme. At $3 a pop, I loaded up on drinks and food. I had to get all the drinking the happy hour was promptly cut off at 6pm. Which leads me to the next point which is that I am a sloppy drunk and I often times have a case of diarrhea of the mouth. I had Excel training the next morning offsite, so at least I didn’t have to show my face when the team was reminiscing of things that were said during the night. I am sure I will be the butt of those jokes. After happy hour at the Triple Door though a handful of us went to the Alibi Room , which is another very cool bar. At that point I don’t remember what I was drinking or really even what the bar looked like. My friend put me in a cab (company sponsored) and I woke up with all my clothes on and the cats crawling on me.

Needless to say I was SO hung over. I had Excel Training (Expert Level) and it was actually really useful. I couldn’t think of a better way to spend my day then in front of a computer just learning new tricks. The only problem is that Excel class started at 8am. And that is really early for someone who shows up to work at 9:00-9:15. I made it through the day and went home at 4pm and crashed. I caught up on my Tivo'd television programs and moved on.

No comments: