Saturday, October 01, 2005

People who use their ipod only for music are lame

The possibilities with your ipod are endless. While I was waiting for my food at luch yesterday, I was playing brick on it. Similar to pong. What a wonderful game. But I also have a load of podcasts that I load up each morning for my listening enjoyment.

In other news from Today: . I am sitting here at the table with a latte. I have started going to the Starbucks drive through down the road on Saturdays and Sundays. Incredibly lazy, I know. More of a fan of indy coffee shops, but when it’s right down the street and there are in fact, 71 Starbucks in Seattle I’ll take whatever I can.

I am also sporting Rob’s “State Sucks” T-shirt for the game today. Although they are not showing it on TV the highlights are showing that today Michigan may have their heads out of the asses for once this season and might end up beating State today. I have to clean today. The Apartment is so dirty and messy I feel like am living in a mound of my own filth and mess. I am sure that Ang, Mom, and Rob are the only ones who truly appreciate the mess of Allison. And with no one here to nag at me, it just gets worse and worse. I hate myself.

The winter/fall jackets need to come out. You know, something that will withstand the wind, rain and otherwise known Seattle crap weather. It’s started. Last weekend was beautiful and now it’s time to break out a jacket. In CT and even in Houghton, I rarely wore a jacket. A turtleneck, fleece and sweater layered would always do the trick. No such luck here. I need to get a nice jacket. Yes, the word is NEED.

One good thing to come out of the bar was my conversation with a friend about our pending travel plans. I was telling him that we would like to go to Italy, New Zealand and back to the Sandcastle in the next 3 years before we consider having children. If children ever come to the Gifford household, our life and disposable income would be over. He said, “Have you considered Thailand?” Well, I guess I haven’t. Honestly, I figured it was expensive. Turns out he and his girlfriend went there for 16 days last year, right before the Tsunami and he said it was so wonderful, also very cheap. Most hotels were 30-60 dollars a night. This one is $71 . It got me thinking. The Euro is like 15-20% more then the dollar. When I look at a hotel room in Italy, it may say 150 Euro a night, but it is really about $200. Italy will always be there, right? Thailand needs the tourism commerce. Turns out a lot of people were put off after the Tsunami about going to Thailand. He showed me his pictures and I was sold. Yeah, that’s it.

So…that will be our next trip. After all, I like Thai food. For the first time ever, we may also consider working with a Travel consultant. This one guy in particular was named as the best for Thailand and Vietnam from Conde Nast. I do, after all have this book of “1,000 places to see before you die” and it would be great to knock of Thailand. (I really do have checks next to all the places I have been.. It’s minimal but should be full by the time I die). I am excited about this possibility. I am ready for a vacation and I am talking more then just going to Oregon on a leaf peeping weekend. Well time to clean. Here are some pictures of stewie getting into the washer. I promise I will write more often. I read somewhere that people write in their blogs as type of therapy. I think I believe that.

4 comments:

Parry Drive said...

Hey, guess what? Some of us only want to use our iPods for music.

Also, State gave your ass-wolverines a run for your money. ;)

Allison said...

why don't you explore something called podcasting.

Parry Drive said...

I do, but they're MUSIC podcasts...ha!

Allison said...

By the way.... what exactly is an ass wolverine?