Friday, October 21, 2005

I feel like I haven’t been home on 5 days.

It has been such a crazy week here. With work and happy hour, we have managed to stay really busy. Just a quick wrap up to what we have been up to. Let’s see… Last Friday Rob finally got into town. Saturday morning we got up early and went to the U District’s farmers market. Moving over to the bar, we met up with two of Rob’s friends to watch the Michigan Game. After what was supposed to be my surprise for Rob. I was planning on taking him to the Rat City Roller Derby . We actually ended up not going because we couldn’t find our way to the location. Instead, we went to dinner at Jai Thai in Fremont. On Sunday, we drove around and went to some open houses.

This week has been a whirlwind and we have completely lost track of the days. During the day Rob has been taking care of odds and ends around here, meeting with realtors, unpacking. Then this week has been really busy for me also. We had a huge meeting with people from our New York, Chicago, and Philly offices. So every night either I went out with Rob or I went out with Rob and people from work. Here is a listing of some of the places we went and some more information.

Matador (Ballard area) – Yummy food and a great happy hour.
The Triple Door (Downtown) – I posted about this place before but this time I took Rob there. He liked it too.
Ivar’s (Downtown on the water) – This place is quintisential Seattle. Supposed to be the best seafood in Seattle. We went for work and we had a room facing the water where we watched the ferry come in. It was good food and very pretty views.
Belltown Billards (Belltown Area) – I don’t know why we took out of town guests here, this is a dive bar where someone got shot or something outside of it a few weeks ago. It was an ok place, but I am sure there are better bars in the area.
The Virgina Inn (Belltown Area) – we sat outside and had some beers. The also filmed part of the movie Singles there.
Kingfish Café (Capital Hill) – Comfort Soulfood. This is a great place in a very cute area.

The sun was shining today and it was beautiful. Rob saw Mount Rainer for the first time.

Tomorrow we are getting up and packing for a hiking/wine tasting/leaf peeping trip to Oregon. I will try to remember to take pictures and post them when we get back. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

No comments: