Wednesday, October 05, 2005

The Seattle Public Library Rocks

A few weeks ago I signed for my library card. I am a big fan of libraries. I had read this article about the Seattle Public Library Downtown and how it is an architectural marvel. It also has a bar code system so the books actually go on a conveyer belt and are re-shelved. It’s an amazing building, here is a pic . Also, You can check out the library here.

Anyway, the website for the library is also pretty cool. I can log in and look for a book. When I find a book I want, I put it on hold. Then I can see where I am in line. I can also choose which branch I want to pick up at. Naturally, I would like to pick it up at the Broadview Branch, which is across the street from my apt. So they send me an email notification when it gets to branch and I can pick it up anytime. Then, when I check out the book the process is all paperless and done via the computers. Maybe Seattle really is Silicon Forest

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is really different, isn't it? I bet you loved it. :-)