Saturday, September 03, 2005

The Genius Bar redeems itself

I know I have given the Genius Bar a bad wrap in the past. I had horrible luck with them in West Hartford. I had a problem with my ibook so I brought it in and after waiting for 4 hours, the guy told me that I was hosed and that I would have to pay $250 to send it in to get fixed. I am pretty knowledgeable about computers, but this apple business is new ground for me. Luckily my aunt is a Mac expert and told me to just send it to her and she had it all fixed up in about a day. Turns out the problem was one that I probably could have fixed myself if I had been smarter. Anyway, I was disappointed with the quality of genius at the Genius bar.

This time I was pleasantly surprised. My ipod this time, it hasn't been sensing up with my iTunes. Public transportation makes an ipod a necessity. Rob and I are able to record anything that is streamed online and then save it as an mp3 and then transfer it to the ipod. Most people use ipods for music, but using it for talk radio is really wonderful. Anyway, I forgot that I only bought my ipod in December and it was still under warranty. They gave me a new one on the spot. The only problem is I don't have my name engraved on the back. :( And no Ang, I still wouldn't want the U2 Band members autographed on the back of mine either.

I also hit up the REI flagship store today. Nice store and great sales. Now I know where to go if I need.... well ... anything outdoor related. I ran some other errands and now I am back home. Listening to back episodes of Drew and Mike. I am working on my paper and planning my menu for the week so I can go grocery shopping this weekend.


Here is a picture of Brian getting comfortable in the window of the spare bedroom/office/storage room for boxes. Have a great weekend everyone! I will update again later.

No comments: