Monday, January 18, 2010

Yarn Crawl and Knitting Updates

Ang came in town to do the Seattle to Portland Yarn Crawl this year with me. It was really fun and well worth our time. Each store gave out discounts anywhere from 10%-20% and discounts on top of the sales tax discount is enough to make anyone head down to Portland for a yarn fix.

Below is a picture of the yarn stash I brought home.Stash includes:
Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool - green sapling
Cherry Tree Hill - Blues and Purples (a gift from ang)
ShiBui sock yarn - S Pebble
Blue Sky Dyed Cotton - Yellow
Dream in Color Smooshy - Flamingo Pie
Shepherd Classic 100% Wool - Sand

By far my favorite store was Happy Knits. If and when I ever have my own yarn store, it is exactly how I would want it to be set up. It was simple and cute. All the sample garments were very "today". I loved it. I also had the pleasure of trying the VooDoo Bakery and trying the maple bacon bar which was amazing! Fun weekend! Thanks Ang!

1 comment:

Ang said...

I'll send a pic of all my yarn too so you can add it here. We should have taken a pic of all the yarn together - saying 20 skeins just doesn't do it justice.