Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Happy New Year 2010

Wow - Is it already the 6th? I guess we've been busy celebrating the new year. Over the holidays Rob and I both had very nice, long, well needed breaks. We spent some time with friends and alone. It was great. We are now ready to take on 2010.

While I have too many goals for 2010 and prefer to not share them right now, the first one is one that I found from one of my favorite websites, My Money Blog. Each week in 2010, he will post a simple task to try to save money. This first week's tip was a tip that I've heard before but I do love it. It's to go into your savings (401k, Roth IRA, or IRA) and increase it by just 1%. You won't even notice the difference and I'm sure there is something you can cut out of the budget to cover that 1%.

Aside from all the goals we have for 2010. Do you remember this post? We hired and worked with an architect and spec'd out the job for the attic, but after having two Realtors come by we decided not to do this job after all. The best explanation came from one of the Realtors who said "Your house is a perfect traditional Seattle home right now, why would you do anything to make it weird." If we want a bigger house on a quiet street, we'll move. Case closed.

Sorry there are no pictures in this post, I promise I will do a better job of keeping up with this blog in 2010.

No comments: