Sunday, August 16, 2009

Seattle Danskin!

This morning was the Seattle Danskin, which is the largest all women's sprint triathlon in the country. Even though participating is incredibly moving, I opted not to do the Danskin this year, since it's my first year of tri-ing, I thought I would just wait the Danskin out till next year. I heard it's brutal with close to 5,000 women competing. I stumbled on this story from Jayda Evans from the Seattle Times, which describes her experience training for her Danskin and is rather similar to mine as well as all the girls I've been training with. The training has been such an accomplishment and surprisingly fun and addicting!

Rob and I got up at 7am to ride our bikes down to Genesee Park to check it out. We watched as waves and waves of women zoomed by on their bikes. Some very experiences and others who could have been on the bike for the first time this summer. I was suddenly really sad I didn't sign up too! :(
On the way home, we stopped by Miaposto for some coffee and a breakfast pizza.

No comments: