Thursday, August 13, 2009

Does the rain have you down?

(typos now corrected by rob)

It's been raining here for the last week. It's Seattle in the summer! It is NOT supposed to rain. Because of this rain it's been hard to get outside and easy to hang on the couch and listen to the Mariners games.

Despite the rain though, I was able to find a new bike. I am SO excited. It's a Specialized Allez Triple Road Bike, with aluminum frame and carbon fork (aka. really light). I have taken it on 3 rides now and I can't believe how my speed has improved. What a treat it is to ride this bike. This weekend we are meeting up with some friends to ride all the way to Red Hook Brewery so it should be fun. I'll get some pictured posted soon.

On a more happy (hour) note. Rob and I tried a new restaurant last night. It's called Maximilien Restaurant but located right in the heart of Pike Place Market. It's a pretty fancy French Restaurant with a killer happy hour and great views. I didn't have my camera so we had to use Rob's phone for this picture (disclaimer: I respectfully dislike it when people take pictures with their phone, including myself when I sink that low). Anyway Great Food + Great View + Great Prices = Happy Giffs.

Unfortunatly, that's all I have for now!

3 comments:

eb said...

you must hate me then! i take pictures with my phone all the time. why wouldn't you?

Allison said...

No - I dont hate you! I don't know what it is...It's one of my biggest pet peeves. I don't know why!

SeattleAmy said...

I've been thinking of getting a bike. I doubt I'll be using it for long distances, but it'd be nice to do local errands, take the dogs for a run, etc.

Recommendations on where to find info/recs for the bike to get?