Saturday, August 01, 2009

Luna Womens Triathlon

Friday night Rob and I headed down to Portland for the night. We scored a room at the RiverPlace Hotel in Portland (4 stars). If you are interested in how I did that, let me know. I consider myself an avid Priceline user, but a new technique took my skills up a level. We ended up spending $65/night on Friday. We've stayed there before and paid $105 in the past.

For some reason we were upgraded to a suite, which was great... except that the Bite of Portland was going on at the pak next door and the "upgrade"was right above the Band. Luckily it ended at about 11pm, which was good since I needed to get up early for the Luna Women's Triathlon down at Blue Lake Park.

We got up at 5:50am and headed over to the park to check in for the race. The water temperature was 76 degrees, which is much too hot for wetsuit, but I can't swim without my wetsuit! This was my first full triathlon with the .5 mile swim and it was easier than I expected. And by easier I mean... I was still slow, but at no point did I want to bail. I think the Seafair swim really helped my nerves.

Anyway, Five of us competed in the race this morning. It was so much fun! Everyone did great and we have all come so far with our training. On the way home Rob and I had breakfast at Genie's in Portland. YUMMO! That place is fantastic, especially the Bloody Marys!

Pictures Below

No comments: