Saturday, June 20, 2009

Five Mile Lake Women's Triathlon

Today I finished my first triathlon. I've been training for over 6 weeks with a group of great dedicated and supportive women. We originally were planning on a working towards the the Trek tri on July 5th, but after that tri got moved to late September we had to come up with plan B. I am still planning on completing the Trek in September, but this was a perfect tri to start the season. It was the 5 mile lake women's triathlon in Federal Way.

Although I am still waiting for the results to get in the total distance was .25 mile swim, 14 mile bike, and 3.1 mile run.

After I finished we celebrated a little at the finish line and Rob took me to Portage Bay Cafe! Tonight we'll open out bottle of Styring Wit that we've been keeping for a while.

The triathlon was so much fun. What a great way to start the weekend and the summer.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go!!! Looks like it was a great day there. Wish we could have a little taste of that Pinot Noir with you....

Ang said...

That's really awesome :) Who did the photo collage? Good job!