Friday, August 08, 2008

Friday Favorites

Mariners Baseball on KOMO 1000

I love to listen to the Mariners games. We're lucky to have one of MLbaseball's best game announcers in the business, Dave Niehaus. This has been a good year for me as a baseball fan. Not the Mariners as a team. I have turned into the type of fan who listens or watches every game and then quickly turns on the post game show on KOMO. I then read all about the Mariners the next day on the way to work on my phone. I know when a new player is in the line-up and I know when the batting order has changed. It's been so fun to root for the home team this summer. I'm not a fair weather fan, so I think I'm a fan to stay. Here is a pic of the Moose from the suite (right above the press box!) on Wednesday afternoon. We're going tonight too!

Home Improvements

We're having a house full of people next weekend and trying to finally finish this bathroom so we don't have to share our upstairs bathroom between a bunch of us. The tile is done and all we need to do is grout. As much as I see home improvements are a pain, I do love them. The house has turned into a labor of love and work that Rob and I have done together so it's been really great to make that house into something where we love to live. That's why all of his hard work is my Friday Favorite! Below is a picture of the shower tile and the work I am doing to the stairway to the basement. I tore up all the old carpet and am painting everything white so it looks cleaner. We'll probably install a carpet runner later.




Dahlias and Tomatoes

It's been a hard year for me learning the ins and outs of gardening. I've lost a lot of plants, but others have stayed. Here are some of my favorites...



No comments: