Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving from our home to yours!



Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I love the opportunity to spend time with friends or family, having fun, drinking, laughing and playing games. Each year, not only does it give me a chance to remember and give thanks for my family and the family that Rob and I have built between us, but also just being with friends and giving thanks for what we have. It's a great holiday and unlike Christmas, people typically always remember what it means.
The last 3 years we haven't been able to spend Thanksgiving with our families. Instead, we've spent it with Dave & Tami, who are pretty much family to us. Last year and this year I was thrilled to put on a spread and cook for all of us.

This years menu:
Onion & Mushroom Tartlets w/celery
Butternut squash soup
Turkey with citrus and Rosemary (19lb)
Mashed Potatoes and gravy
Cornbread stuffing
Green Bean Casserole
Dinner Rolls
Chocolate PB Crunchy Cake
Pumpkin Pie
Apple Pie
Blueberry Pie

I think I am slowly turning into my grandmother. After cooking all day long and tasting while I go, when it came time to eat I wasn't hungry and I just wanted to watch everyone else eat the food I made. Maybe I am in the wrong business. :)

And 3 bottles of wine later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We should move closer together and open a catering business. And wear leggings every day. You think I'm kidding, but I'm really not.