Monday, August 20, 2007

Top Down Baby Sweater

A few weeks ago Liz posted about the Top Down Baby Sweater that she finished. I got jealous and started mine too. This all transpired from the yarn tour we went on in May and the LYS, So Much Yarn, had this pattern with some really great yarn. This yarn is really nice (a bit pricey) and I found another cute project for this yarn too. This is a super easy pattern and it has no seams. I love it. I am making 2 more right now (Lots of babies coming soon). This sweater will be for one of my oldest friends, Leslie, who is expecting a little boy this fall.Here are the details:
Pattern: Top Down Baby Sweater for free from So Much Yarn
Yarn: 1 skein Dream in Color
Needles: US 9 Knit Picks Options, 16" US 6 for the ribbed edge. DP needles for the sleeves.
Completion Time: 3 days - This one is addictive. I knitted on the bus, at work, at home, in bed.
Modifications: None
Notes: I started it over once because the non-seams looked weird. You really need 1 practice sweater or be prepared to start over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that turned out great!!

i also love that other sweater on Yarn Harlot's website - sooooo cute!!!