Monday, November 27, 2006

Note to self: Seattle shuts down when snowing

Besides the Monday Night Football game that started during rush hour, there was also a snow/sleet storm that started promptly at 5pm. When I found out that my ticket for the Seahawks game was not in suite, I decided not to go. I know, I’m a snob, but I wasn’t dressed for it at all! Turns out I would have been better off at the game and avoiding the traffic. It never snows in Seattle and apparently when it does, it’s a real mess. You won’t get sympathy from me. After spending 5 years at the end of the earth (aka Houghton) and snow from October to mid April, I’m ok with getting 1 inch and my world doesn’t shut down.

In other notes, Thanksgiving went off without a hitch and it was the most fantastic meal ever! We had a good time and played games until 11pm or so, even though we were in a monster food coma. We’re finally done with the leftovers and I made a huge batch of turkey salad (with grapes) to get us through the week. Needless to say, I’m on a diet.

The rest of the weekend was wonderful. I started decorating for Christmas and we also spent a lot of time cleaning up the baseboard trim and laying down new quarter round. You don’t think that is a very time consuming job, but it took forever! It looks great now though and Rob is so glad we did it. So I guess that is all that matters.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you ditched the game! You are a TOTAL snob! FYI - it was 65° here yesterday. Also, love your decor. Very nice. Glad you hung the pics in the dining room.

Anonymous said...

your place looks adorable all decorated!
love the pic of you with the headlight - that's a great look! wear it saturday. ha.