Saturday, August 12, 2006

The Week

Last weekend and this week was incredibly busy for us. It was great to have Rob's brother,Will, in town for a conference. It gave him a good excuse to come out here and us a chance to hang out and show him around. I have a feeling that by the time he left we all needed a vacation from our vacation, so to speak. Here is a quick run down of what we did.

Friday - We took Will To Stellar Pizza in Georgetown. Luckily he didn't feel like crashing when he flew in direct from DC. We had some pizza and beers.

Saturday - We had tickets to the Mariner's game, so we got up and I cooked breakfast. We went down FX McRory's before the game for some food and drinks.

Sunday - After the previous day, we were pretty lazy in the morning. We went down to Mount Baker to watch the Blue Angels, who were in town for Seafair. I have never seen the Blue Angels before, so I wasn't sure what to expect. Needless to say, the pictures I took don't do it justice, it was super cool. After that we hit Ray's Cafe for some food and views.

Monday
- We all met after wook to hit happy hour at Fox Sports bar. I haven't been there before, but the happy hour was good. There, we watched the Tigers game and hang out.

Tuesday - We met up after work to go take in a showing of Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby. I am not a NASCAR Fan, but this movie did have Will Farrell and Gary Cole, two quality actors. It was worth a watch. Very funny.

Wednesday
- Real Madrid was in town. I had tickets through work in the smug suites. Rob and Will were down in the stands. First time at Qwest field, nice stadium. Bad exit control.

Thursday - Smarty Pants Happy Hour.

Friday - Just when we thought we had the night off, Dave & Tammy asked us to meet up after work at the Elephant & Castle, so we did. I had not been there before either, but they also have a nice happy hour.

Saturday - Today we hit up Second Use a junk store that sells used items that is placed right next to the dump. I found a little cabinet and a mirror for the bedroom. A big win! Other than that, I think I am just knitting and hanging out for the rest of the day.

I added some pictures! Enjoy.
Oh Yeah and congrats to our friends, Greg and Julie who are tying the knot this weekend in Minnesota. Wish we could be there to help celebrate. :(







No comments: