Thursday, August 03, 2006

Happy 1 year in Seattle

This blog is also a year old now, as I started it the weekend before I moved. I think on August 6th, it will be one year in Seattle for me. It's so hard to believe that I took the plunge and moved out here by myself, when I just told Rob last night that I shut and locked ALL the windows when he was away in Boston and sat in a hot house. How did I survive 4 months alone in a new city without him?

But seriosuly. I really wasn't nervous at all. The excitiment of starting a new live in a city. I know, only 500,000 people, still. Turns out getting out of suburban Connecticut was just what the Dr. ordered. We love it here and every day we are so thankful that we found good jobs here and are happy in our careers and in our lives. We have met some great new friend and have reconnected with old. We never had that in CT and seriously, it makes a big difference.

It's also exciting to watch the gentrification of North Beacon Hill, where we live. The next 3 years are going to be so exciting to watch change. Hopefully the rent prices will kick out our shady neighbors and bring in some people who take care of their homes. :)

Tonight I have a work party and Rob is going to be play Beach Volleyball down on Alki Beach. Then Friday, I think we might go down to Jefferson Park for some Lawn Bowling. Rob's brother comes to town (yeay!) on Friday night. Seafair is this weekend and also a Mariner's game on Saturday. It will be busy. Hopefully we'll get to go see the Blue Angels on Sunday.

That's the update.

No comments: