Thursday, August 17, 2006

Gadget Geek


I like things that are new. Especially any gadgets. Rob and I have a joke that if anything says "new" on the package I'll be the first to buy it. This weekend, I had Rob take me down to the NikeTown to get the new Nike+Ipod. After reading a few other blogs out there, I found that you don't need to have the fancy nike shoes to make it work, you just need to have a swift way to put the bluetooth sensor in your shoe. I was able to tape my sensor under my laces and it works like a charm. If you only run on a treadmill, this is probably not for you. But, if you run outside sometimes and always wonder when you finally meet your goal or how fast you are going... or in my case how far I have gone because I want to stop running. It's a cool gadget. I am still hoping to run in the Oktoberfest Brew HaHa in September, so I need to get going since a 5K is NOT my specialty.

In the last post, I mentioned that we bought a cabinet and a mirror at Second Use in South Park. Convienently located right next to the dump, for obvious reasons. One we got the cabninet home, Rob allowed me to use the sander to sand all the marks out of it so I could restain it. It is now in the 2nd bedroom and it holds my yarn stash. When I can, I will also include the new mirror that we have in the bedroom from Second Use and also a mirror that I got at Cost Plus, which fits nicely in the dining room. I'll get pictures up as soon as Blogger stops crapping out on me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cool!

i've been wanting that thing, but only because it's new - i never run outside. haha. i also want the new sneakers to go with it - again, because they're new.

adam found podophile for me about 3 weeks back and i've been checking it out ever since.

enjoy your new toy!