Sunday, July 23, 2006

Hey - It’s progress

FYI – It is now 88 degrees in our house. Our dinner plans were cancelled for tonight, so really we had all day to work on things around the house. I only wanted to work on stuff in the morning… but soon morning becomes afternoon and its 4pm and here we are. Rob is still working and I am laying in the basement.

Besides the normal laundry, cleanup, etc. we also did these things:


Hung the new headboard. With plywood and a 40% off coupon from Joann’s we were able to make this really nice functional headboard to make our bedroom a lot cozier without putting a huge bed frame in. I love it and I think it turned out great. The directions were really straightforward and it was very easy.


Cut all the remaining backsplash tiles and put them in place. You know, the tiles around lights and outlets. It’s a pain… but now it’s done. We also started grouting today. We ran out so I think that is something we’ll have to pick up this week.

In May when my parents were here, Dad helped Rob replace the kitchen window. Since we have been busy having a life and not getting the projects done, today was the first day he was able to frame the window. On Saturday we bought the trim and painted. Then we build the frame around the window. I think it looks fantastic and it makes that tiny kitchen look so much bigger.

Go Mariners! We missed a good game today, but at least we got tons of work done around the house.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your headboard turned out AMAZING!! great job!
i love the kitchen too - looks fantastic.

let's get together after we get back. =)

Parry Drive said...

Love the headboard! I have the same directions bookmarked. Now I know where you were and that you didn't just hate me - ha!