Sunday, June 11, 2006

Projects

Oh it’s Sunday night and today has been so relaxing. We had a really fun weekend. On Friday Adam & Liz came over to play Bond and Mario Kart. Gosh, it’s been years since I did that and it was great. Saturday we met with some of Rob’s old friends from grade school for dinner at Jai Thai and the drinks to follow at Kells. It was fun and lucky us, we recorded another installment of Cheaters, so we watched that when he got home at 2am. Today was a bit slower. I got in a lifer this afternoon, Born into Exile. You can never get too much Zack Morris. I also stopped back at So Much Yarn because they had a sale today. I just don’t think anything beats Seattle on a nice sunny day. I love it.

I wanted to update with some pictures since it had been a while and I have pictures of some of my completed projects.

1. A necklace – I have been really interested in beadwork and jewelry making. I think I might like to take a class. Making a necklace is easy, but I think I would like to get into more detailed jewelry making. I stopped at BeadWorld in the Maple Leaf Seattle neighborhood. The store was very cool, had a great selection, and were very helpful. When I got home, I made this necklace.


2. Sweater - This is my first Sweater from the Weekend Knitting book. I got the yarn super cheap and it is turning out OK. Looking at the sweater again... I'm really not sure when I will wear it when it is finishied. I just have the sleeves leftto go.


3. Hasana Shawl - I got this Berroco pattern for free from the website. Because the yarn is discontinued, I had to get the yarn on ebay. The problem being... I don't like the color. It turned out ok and thank goodness mom was here to help me figure out the pattern. Once I got it, it was easy.

4.Silk Scarf (Do you love my model?) - I just finished this because I liked the silk yarn. I know I will wear it.


5. Yellow Shrug - Another Berroco Pattern, . This one is also super easy. I added a button in the front and it turned out to be kind of cute. Lots of mistakes, but very soft. I actually even got a compliment from some woman on it this weekend.

6. My strawberries - They are growing so nice. I thought I could take a pictures and show them off.


7. Kitchen trim work - Rob spent a good part of the weekend cutting the bottom panels for the toe kick in the kitchen as well as the end panels for the cabinets. Just a few more small projects and we will finally be done with that project.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where is the pic of the finished toe and end cabinets?

Parry Drive said...

Al, you really need to smile. ha! Nice hat. Wish I had two of them... :)