Monday, June 05, 2006

Cleaning Tiles

If you’ve ever been to our house, chances are you have noticed the shoddy workmanshiop on our kitchen floor tiles. This was our first adventure installing ceramic tile and it was actually quite simple until we the grout. I think I got lazy and stopped cleaning the grout. On Sunday I finally grabbed a sander, a scrub brush, bleach cleaner and a shop vac. I sanded and cleaned off every tile and to my surprise it was a mixture of the grout and the dirt that was making the tiles look so bad. Now that they are clean we can install the toe kick panels under the cabinets.


This weekend was extra special for us. On Friday I went out with my friends from work and needless to say, I was feel groggy in the morning. Rob and I had invited people over for a BBQ. We don’t have a lot of friends here yet, so we went down the list and invited everyone in the area that we knew. We ended up with a turnout of 8 people I think. It was tons of fun. People came and brought some food to add to the already large amount of food we had. Rob and I and our friend Chris and our other friends Liz & Adam stayed in the back patio just chatting away till around 11:30pm or so. It was fun. Even in Connecticut we would never have even known 8 people to invite over, so that is progress for us.

On Sunday Rob and I went down to the Pike Place Market and had an Irish Breakfast at Kells Pub. It was very good, just like the real deal in Ireland. We walked around the Marketand then I walked down to So Much Yarn, this yarn store is really great and every time I am there, I just want to buy everything. I bought some 50% off 100% silk yarn and some new needles.

Lots of stuff going on this week and it's staying light until 9:30pm!

No comments: