Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Blog Hiatus

I’ve been on hiatus again. The reason: My parents were in town! 10 days. It seems like a long time, but not when you have projects to do and lots of activities planned. The time flew by and here is a list of some of the things we did.

-- Buying a whole fish at Pike Place Market and having them throw the fish just for me.
-- Argosy Harbor Cruise and Boat tour.
-- Climbing the hill at Gas Works Park to see the awesome view.
-- Meeting my cousin Mel and Rob in Bremerton. We took the ferry there and had an awesome meal at The Boat Shed. Lots of fun.
-- Having dad put in the screen doors, which I love.
-- Having dad do the wiring, which looks great.
-- Having Rob and dad put in the new kitchen window.
-- Selling my car!! Finally. Although it had nothing to do with my parents, it just so happened they were here when it finally sold.
-- Taking mom & dad to Steller Pizza
-- Taking mom & dad to Pig Iron BBQ
-- Taking mom for a facial for mother’s day at High Maintenance was the absolute best.
-- Going to the space needle. Better than I expected and it didn’t make me sick like the Empire State Building.
-- Rob enjoyed his day taking mom and dad to the Boeing factory tour and then meeting me at Fado for drinks after work.
-- Then spending Saturday in the San Juan Islands was really wonderful. It was one of the first times that we have ever seen Mt Baker so clearly. We’ll go back it was so much worth the trip up there.

In a nutshell those were some of the fun things we did. It was so great to have them here and be able to show them all the things that we love to do here. We took them to our favorite hangouts and then got to explore some new things too. It was great and we really appreciate their help with all the house stuff. It would have taken us like 3 weeks to do what they did in just a few days.



No comments: