Thursday, May 18, 2006

Baseball Game

This Monday was my first company softball game. We had a friend in town. Katie, one of our good friends from Michigan was in town doing Development work for the University of Michigan Business School. She is married to one of Rob’s college roommates and I have grown to know her through all those weekends hanging out at 529 Packard. On Monday we had her over for dinner. I was sad that we didn’t get to spend more time with her, but it was just such a busy weekend for us that it just didn’t work out.

She came over for dinner and we grilled out. I had to then run to my softball game in Bothel. I haven’t played in years.. probably about 5 years. The only thing that I have going for me is that I am fairly athletic, so I knew I would be able top pick it up again. I did not, however, expect to be the catcher for the team. All that squatting was a little too much. I hit 2 singles and fouled out once. It was tons of fun and I was the only player who has a cheering section. Rob and Katie came to cheer me on, which made me happy. 3 days later my legs are still sore. Oh yeah and we won 22 to 15. Maybe next week we will have pictures.

No comments: