Sunday, February 12, 2006

This is Seattle in February

It was nice this weekend and at no time did I ever wish I still lived out east. While my friends back east were getting 27 inches of snow, we had beautiful clear sunny days in upper 40s-50s. A nice crisp winter day… and no snow to clean up.

One of my friends told me that they didn’t think that Chinese food was as good in Seattle as in other cities, particularly east. I think I disagree and say that while it is different, perhaps it's more authentic? I had a craving for chinese food and I talked Rob into going to a place we had never been in the I.D. (International District). The food was outstanding, the service was suspect… I think it's a suitable “take out only” staple for us.

This morning we went to a Pancake Breakfast for the West Seattle Youth Basketball League. It was nice to support something in a new city that was once so important to me as a kid. Then we went to the Farmers Market and bought some Apple Cider and tulips. We drove around Alki beach, it was so nice and people were walking around everywhere, I can’t wait to go back to hang out when we are not so tied down to our house.

Here are some links of where we went this weekend:
Geraldine's Counter – Columbia City – This was good. I liked it. However, I don’t like any place where you don’t get a free refill cup of coffee. I know I am cheap… but still.
Stellar Pizza & Ale– Georgetown – Georgetown is such a cool artsy little area with some shops, restaurants and bars. It’s right at the north end of Boeing Field in a pretty industrial area with some residential mixed in. This was great pizza and even better local brew options. We will be back for sure.
West Seattle Farmers MarketThere are a lot of Farmers markets in the area in the summer, but only a few are staying open throughout the winter. I was in luck as I was hoping they would have tulips.
Sichuanese Cuisine Restaurant - International District – Seattle – As I said before, this was really good. Service was fair at best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how fun!

you guys do so many cool things - i need to get out more. LOL