Saturday, July 18, 2009

We rode the Light Rail today!

This weekend has been great already. Yesterday was a beautiful day and the temp was well into the 80s. I met my friends, Becky and Wendy, down at Seward Park for some swimming. We swam about a half of a mile and then got back in without our wetsuits since it was so hot. It was beautiful out there. The night ended on a sad note when a really bad bike vs. car accident happened on Lake Washington Blvd.
Today was a pretty exciting day in Seattle. The light rail connecting Westlake Center to Sea-Tac opened today. Although the Tukwila to Sea-Tac leg doesn't start till Dec. 2009, the rest of it was open and ready to go and you can still get to Sea-Tac with a shuttle for now.

Rob and I started the day by registering for the Seafair Triathlon tomorrow. We signed up for the relay. I'll swim, he'll bike, and then I will run. Should be fun! Then we went down to our friend's place who live in Rainer Valley and walked over to a nice Pancake Breakfast at the Rainer Senior Center in celebration of the Light Rail opening. After breakfast, Akiko and I rode the light rail downtown to do some shopping and people watching. After coming home and getting locked out of the house for 2 hours... Rob and I took the light rail again for some dinner at Thai Recipe, just off the Mt. Baker stop.

A busy, fun, and historic day in Seattle!

No comments: