Saturday, July 04, 2009

Camping in LaPush

We just got back from two nights of camping in LaPush, Washington. La Push is right on the edge of the Olympic Peninsula and if you are a Twilight reader it's the home of Jacob Black and his pack. Unfortunately for me, I was the only Twilight fan of our camping group so nobody really cared about that. This group was just 4 of us. Rob and myself and our friends, Matt and Akiko. We left right after work on Thursday night and got out there around 10:30. Since we were camping at Second Beach we had to hike about a mile downhill and hike over huge driftwood - in the dark. Then another .25 mile on the beach to get to a spot. This is a backpacking type of site and the cooler that we brought was probably overkill. It's amazing that we made it in to the site in the dark but once we did it was so worth it. It's a beautiful beach where you camping right on the sand. The firewood you use is all driftwood and you hear the ocean all night.

The bad news is that I forgot to wear sunblock on my face and I have a horrible sun burn on my face. The good news is that Matt and Akiko were in charge of the food and we ate like kings all weekend.


Here are some photos from the weekend, but I'll post the rest up on Flickr soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

rob ever tell you i was camping down there at the same time?