Friday, July 24, 2009

Seafair Triathlon

On Sunday Rob and I took part in the Seafair Triathlon in Seward Park. On Saturday morning we registered for the relay. We decided that I would swim and run and he would bike. This was going to be a tough swim for me because it would be the first tri that I swam the full .5 miles. I did it and it was easy. My time was slow, but at least I finished. Rob did an amazing job on the bike.

This was a co-ed event that was very very busy. My friend Wendy had some bad luck as she was starting out of the swim. We were in the same wave as the 40-45 guys and apparently some guys swam over her and kept her under water for a while. Regardless, it was worth it to try to get that practice in. Now I am ready for Portland next weekend! Pictures below taken by my friend Sarah who's husband also did the Tri with us.

Busy weekend ahead. Rob is currently out of town for a guys weekend in Northern Michigan and I am headed to Sequim to stay at a cabin on the coast with one of my friends. Should be a beautiful weekend for it.

No comments: