Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Weekend in Whistler



We spent last weekend up at Whistler Blackcomb Mountain. It was a great weekend. We drive up on Thursday night and checked into the Aspens. This was the first time that I ever stayed at a place where I had ski in - ski out access. Now I don't know how I would go back. That was great.




On Friday we got up bright and early and hit the slopes. I had a new (used) board, bindings and boots and they were such a nice change from my last board. It took a little getting used to, but they were really great. We had about 5 inches of new powder and the conditions were great. On Friday we were on both mountains. I was so sore on Saturday that I could only go down 1 run. My legs were like jello. One of the best parts of the weekend was that we found a bar that had one of my favorite beers of all time, Granville Island Hef.
Below are some pictures from the weekend.




No comments: