Monday, September 11, 2006

Cloudy Saturday

Fall is near. The days are shorter, the mornings are foggy and yesterday it rained! It hasn’t rained all summer long, so I’m sad to say fall is just around the corner. With it will be more clouds, more rain and more fog. We have to try to take full advantage of whatever nice days we have left. While yesterday we laid on the couch and watched football. We attempted to go watch the Michigan game at RockSport, but came home after breakfast since Rob and I were both too sick to hold our heads up. After wasting yesterday away, today we have actually accomplished something.

This morning I tried to clear up the ivy in the back yard. We borrowed our neighbor's, Mike, hedge trimmer last weekend and it has really worked like a charm. I was thinking that it would be nice to thin out the ivy in the back, since we would like to put a new fence in this spring. I got about a quarter of the way done and gave up. Rob spent the whole morning thinning out the fig tree in the front that is also home to about 5 million birds. After that I moved inside and started on the chores that I know best, laundry, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning up, knitting (I know that’s not a chore!)


It’s important that I point out that about a week ago I noticed that a new coffee shop is in Beacon Hill! Yeah! It’s not a starbucks, but a cute indy shop called, Galaxy. I haven’t been in there yet, but it’s really exciting to start to see a change in the area. Rob and I are so proud to take a chance on this up and coming neighborhood and we welcome and are excited to see any new business that pops up.

On Friday night we went to Happy Hour at the Met with some of my co-workers, I then was able to drag to the central (our favorite dive bar) and then to 88 keys, dueling piano bar. There is also a new bar/restaurant that just opened down by Qwest Field that is part of the Elysian Brewing Company, I think it is called Elysian Fields. The place looks really swanky and has windows that open to the sidewalk. I can’t wait to try it.

Additional Pictures:

Cabinets with finished trim

I'm proud to present Rob's clients from the hornet's nest above our side entrance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we walked by Elysian Fields on our way to the game the other night. it's pretty neat looking.