Friday, January 13, 2012

Week 2 – Made with love: Josie's Owl Mobile

I was one of those people who thought mobiles for babies were silly. "I don't want to stick this thing in my kid's face when they should be sleeping." So I made an owl mobile to match the nursery for Josie. I made it mostly for show never intending that she would actually look at it.

Boy was I wrong (I now admit that I was wrong about a lot of my pre-baby judgyness). Josie loved this mobile. We would set her down in the crib after her changing and she would smile at it. We found that she loved it most when it was moving. When it stopped she would cry. Since I made it I never thought about making it move. Instead I would manually make it move by swiping it with my arm. She loved that but as soon as I left the room and it stopped moving, she would start to cry.

Luckily Rob is super smart and attached a motor onto the mobile so now she can watch it for much longer!

No comments: