Friday, January 30, 2009

Friday Favorites

This week I have a few boring favorites, but they are all favorites that have been occupying my mind.

Virgin America
If you haven't taken a Virgin America flight yet and it's available to you, please try it out. I love Virgin America. I think it's great that you can watch TV as soon as you sit in your seat. Even through take off and landing. It's also a very inexpensive, comfortable, and fun airline. We just booked a flight down to San Diego next weekend to get some sun and drink some wine with friends. I will be lucky enough to take Virgin America again on the way home on Monday morning!


Essential Kettle Sock Yarn
A few weeks ago I redeemed a gift card that I received for my birthday. I ordered the Essential Kettle Sock yarn sampler from Knit Picks. It's 12 skeins of yarn in 6 different colors along with 6 sock patterns. I started making a yellow pair of Spring Forwards and the yarn is really great. It's soft and airy and will look great with my new Dansko Marcelle's!


Sylvi!
I think Liz turned me on to this. I thought it was well above my comfort zone for knitting. And, well, it might still be. Sylvi is a beautiful knitted jacket that has an amazing cabled back. I just started it and I am making it with Cascade 109 in Persimmon color. I'm imaging that I will wear it on the streets of Rome in April. I hope!

No comments: