Friday, October 03, 2008

Friday Favorites

War As They Knew It: Woody Hayes, Bo Schembechler, and America in a Time of Unrest

I know it's Saturday, but I did mean to post yesterday. I am reading a book right now that I highly recommend if you are a college football fan. Even if you don't particularly like Michigan or Ohio State, it's still worth a read. The book details the intense rivalry that was between OSU's Woody Hayes and Michigan's Bo Schembechler. Not only is it a great football history lesson but the year this particular rivalry began was in 1969, which is also such an interesting time to look at the political challenges and differences on each of those campuses. I think the book is amazing and well written. When I read it, I just imagine what it would have been like back in those days. Recommended!



Another favorite this week is 4 skeins of Malabrigo Laceweight yarn that I bought at The Yarn Grove. It's yummy yarn that will make some great gifts. There really is nothing better than winding yarn and drinking a glass of wine on Friday night!


No comments: