Monday, September 08, 2008

Weekend Recap

Just a quick post to update on the weekend. I love Rob more than anything and I showed him this by leaving my office at 1:00pm, with two large bags in tow. Walked up to the library for an audio book, to the Pharmacy at Westlake for Stewie's medication, to JimmyJohn's for lunch, to the bus tunnel for the 101 to Renton, it was 2:30pm when I met Rob at his office and I won big bonus points from him because he was able to finish all of his work and not drive up to Seattle to pick me up.

Anyway, we got to Medford around 11:30pm and the hotel was awful. I love fleabag motels like the next guy, but this one was BAD. Not as bad as the super 8 my parents stayed in a few years back (ask me about that if you want to hear a sick joke).

We ate breakfast at Morning Glory in Ashland, which was awesome and highly recommended. No sports bar in sights, so back to the hotel to watch football. Around 3pm, we walked around Ashland, bought some sock yarn, and enjoyed two of my favorite bottles of wine. Elk Cove Pinot Rose and Sokol Blossers Meditrina and roasted garlic,

Othello was incredible. We were 3 rows in front of the stage and it was a great setting and a romantic and well done play. I felt like the story kept my interest the whole time and whisked me away into another world. I'd go back again next year for sure.

No comments: