Tuesday, April 10, 2007

My favorite things

A lot of people asked what my favorite things about the trip were. I swear, this will be the last post about vacation. These are my favorites:

1. Our Casa. I don't have to say it again, but renting a villa on the Amalfi Coast was one of the best vacations we've ever had. It was the best way to see how the Italians
La Dolce Vita (the sweet life).
2. The SITA bus. Driving on the Amalfi Coast is just not an option. Don't do it. For the small fee of 1Euro you can get up and down the Amalfi Coast and have the biggest thrill ride of your life. Not only are the driver hilarious, but the fact that 2 buses can't fit on the road makes every single trip a total amusement.
3. Mamma Agata's Cooking Class. I know I explained in a prior post. But if you are even a little bit interested in cooking. Do this class. Not only will you feel like a whale when you leave the class from eating so much, but the food is amazing, and you'll learn a lot. It's totally worth it.
4. La Brace. Restaurant. This place was "inexpensive" and wonderful. We ate there twice. The first time I asked for a suggested and got some type of fish and it was so good, I didnt even care what it was. The next time we got a seafood platter for two and it was SOO good. I wish we would have been there in the summer to have all the windows open looking out at the water.
5. Wine. We came across some great wine. After drinking 3 bottles a day, we never woke up with a hangover and always were eager to try more. I can't wait to come across some of our favorite Italian wines in the US and remember our vacation in every drink.
6. Bar Del Sol latte. This place was literally a 2 minute walk from our casa and it was fun to go there in the morning and get a latte. It was right by the scuola (school), so there were lots of moms there after dropping their kids off before going to the markets.
7. Speaking Italian. By the end of the week, I think Rob and I both felt like we could get around with our Italian. Turns out when most people heard our horrible attempts at Italian, they would just repy with English. But, we did get by ordering the items we wanted and getting through the day to day with Italian. That part was fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's April 29. It's probably time to update your blog.