Saturday, March 11, 2006

Great Music on a Friday Night

If you read this blog or ask me what music I like. I will typically say that I like more "unkown" folky music. We have loved Stephen Kellogg for a while and have seen him a number of times. It all started with a small concert at St Joeseph College in West Hartford a few years back when he was just a one man band. Now he has moved on to a keyboardist, a bass player, and a drummer and they call themselves Stephen Kellogg and the Sixers.

We saw them back in November at the Crocodile CafĂ© and just by chance I looked again and there he was… he was going to be here again last night. This time he was touring with the Pat McGee band, which is one of Rob’s favorites from back in Ann Arbor at the Blind Pig. I saw the Pat McGee Band once at the Webster Theatre in Hartford and hated it, so I wasn’t sure how it would be.

We went to Mama’s Kitchen after work for some tacos and beers. YUM. Rob wasn’t that big of a fan. Could be the bratty kid and idiot parents we had sitting next to us. The food sat in out stomach the whole night like a big lump of laundry. Thtat’s what Mexican food always does, right?

The show started promptly at 7 (I like that). Stephen Kellogg played all my favorites and some new ones too! Pat McGee was good. He traded his electric guitar from the last time I saw him for his acoustic, which is never ever a bad thing in my opinion. The Croc is smaller, but I like it…especially with Washington’s no smoking laws.

No comments: